GlassLab Seeks Marketing Communications Lead
January 11th, 2016
Job Category: Marketing
Job Posting: Marketing Communications Lead
Job Location: Redwood City or San Francisco, CA
Marketing Communications Lead serves as the primary lead for company’s marketing communications programs. The Marketing Communications Lead is responsible for driving development and implementation of thought-leadership programs with a particular focus on web, PR, events, and Social Media channels. The Marketing Communications Lead will liaise internally across functional teams to ensure effective brand communication and optimal reach of LRNG messages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Develop and execute thought-leadership Marketing Communication plans for LRNG,
● Develop and deliver thought-leadership communication toolkit and content including including PR briefs, social media and blog posts, newsletters, event speeches and presentations,
● Provide PR and Social Media guidance and training that ensures a consistent and aligned execution across the the organization,
● Proactively drive event placement, PR, social media, and manage PR inquiries and media relationships,
● Ensure that PR and event presence is well executed and a high-quality representation of LRNG brand,
● Support Ecosystem Marketing Lead in managing ecosystem communications,
● Ensure consistent integration of messaging across all LRNG and thought-leadership communication channels,
● Work closely with brand leads to ensure mission and brand alignment, as well as maximum audience reach and engagement of end user(s),
● Track, measure and communicate the effectiveness of Marcom specific strategies,
● Conduct periodic competitive audits,
● Perform additional tasks as they relate to ongoing operations of LRNG’s Marketing team.
Required Skills and Experience
● The successful candidate must have 5 years of direct, relevant experience in marketing communications including experience in PR, managing social media presence, writing blog posts,
● Strong project management experience including developing and implementing marketing communications programs, measurement and reporting on the effectiveness of the engagement,
● Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
● Exceptional attention to detail and analytical mindset.
● Excellent organization skills capabilities that drives measurable results,
● Comfortable in a fast paced environment, willing to prioritize work for self and team, while maintaining business goals and timelines,
● Ability to interface effectively with employees and partners at all levels.
The ideal candidate will also have the following preferred prior experience. skills and dispositions:
● Working knowledge of nonprofit and as well as for-profit organizations,
● Prior experience in digital gaming and interactive learning,
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of professional experience in a relevant field
● Advanced degree preferred
Some travel to events will be required, approximately 10%
About GlassLab, Collective Shift, and LRNG
GlassLab’s background is designing and developing high-impact digital games, interactive learning tools, and deep analytics, which make learning visible for underserved youth and their teachers, coaches and parents. GlassLab is currently expanding its work by merging with a new company called Collective Shift formed by the MacArthur Foundation. Collective Shift’s initial focus will be on LRNG, based on Connected Learning, a new pedagogy that emerged from nearly $150 million in research and demonstration projects funded by the MacArthur Foundation over the past decade. Connected Learning calls for learning that is based on kids’ interests, socially networked and relevant to the real world. A key component of the endeavor is Cities of LRNG, which will build on the success of Cities of Learning, a three-year demonstration project. Cities of Learning in Chicago, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C., served more than 100,000 youth ages 4 to 24 during recent summer programming.
Together, GlassLab and Collective Shift will bring the LRNG Vision and Mission to life.
LRNG Vision – LRNG redesigns learning for the connected age so that all youth have an opportunity to succeed.
LRNG is a collective shift in learning
it begins with youth and the communities where they live
it connects their passions, people and paths
it empowers them for success in the connected age
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Marketing Communications Lead” and attach a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
GlassLab, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.
Note to Third Party Agencies
GlassLab does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party Agencies. GlassLab will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, GlassLab explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial responsibility to the recruiter or agency.