GlassLab Seeks Business Development Manager
January 11th, 2016
Job Category: Partnerships
Job Posting: Business Development Manager
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Business Development Manager for Corporate Partnerships serves as the primary company representative for the strategy and implementation of programs and products specific to private sector partnerships. The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing an entire portfolio of corporate partners in multiple locations which includes lead generation, proposal development, co-design of solutions with partners, implementation of solutions , measurement and reporting . The Business Development Manager will liaise internally across functional teams to ensure partner satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Grow and manage a comprehensive pipeline of corporate accounts from prospecting and pitch to closing benefit packet for youth and implementation,
● Develop and execute new account plans, deliver proposals to new partners, and close business,
● Provide pipeline projections and schedule routine reports,
● Design and drive implementation of partner plans, including detailed project maps, measurement and reporting, and communication to key internal and partner stakeholders,
● Provide support for ongoing account management of key corporate accounts, including growth/expansion of benefit packet,
● Templatize and document processes to enable scale,
● Work closely with internal and external marketing team(s) to ensure mission and brand alignment, as well as maximum audience reach and engagement of youth,
● Investigate, analyze and recommend solutions for partner implementation issues, including on-site visits, when appropriate, to maintain alignment and continued engagement,
● Develop pitches including product demonstrations,
● Help improve LRNG product by notifying development team of issues and making recommendations that can assist in development of future features or offerings,
● Responsible for representing platform to corporate partners, including partner events.
Required Skills and Experience
● The successful candidate must have 5 years of direct, relevant experience managing corporate partner pipeline and closing deals at $500K value or more,
● Strong project management experience including: tracking the performance of the partner pipeline, the quality of the deliverables and reporting on the effectiveness of the engagement,
● Excellent organization skills and pipeline management capabilities that drives measurable results,
● Proven experience prospecting, qualifying and quickly engaging new clients into a sales campaign that is developed into a long-term winning strategy,
● Comfortable in a fast paced environment, willing to prioritize work for self and team, while maintaining business goals and timelines,
● A passion for service delivery,
● Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills,
● Ability to interface effectively with employees and partners at all levels.
The ideal candidate will also have the following preferred prior experience. skills and dispositions:
● Knowledge of the culture and needs of non-profit as well as for-profit organizations,
● Experience in professional services/consulting/customer service organization,
● Prior experience in interactive learning and digital gaming,
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of professional experience in a relevant field
● Advanced degree preferred
Some travel to client/partner sites will be required, approximately 25%
About GlassLab, Collective Shift, and LRNG
GlassLab’s background is designing and developing high-impact digital games, interactive learning tools, and deep analytics, which make learning visible for underserved youth and their teachers, coaches and parents. GlassLab is currently expanding its work by merging with a new company called Collective Shift formed by the MacArthur Foundation. Collective Shift’s initial focus will be on LRNG, based on Connected Learning, a new pedagogy that emerged from nearly $150 million in research and demonstration projects funded by the MacArthur Foundation over the past decade. Connected Learning calls for learning that is based on kids’ interests, socially networked and relevant to the real world. A key component of the endeavor is Cities of LRNG, which will build on the success of Cities of Learning, a three-year demonstration project. Cities of Learning in Chicago, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C., served more than 100,000 youth ages 4 to 24 during recent summer programming.
Together, GlassLab and Collective Shift will bring the LRNG Vision and Mission to life.
LRNG Vision – LRNG redesigns learning for the connected age so that all youth have an opportunity to succeed.
LRNG is a collective shift in learning
it begins with youth and the communities where they live
it connects their passions, people and paths
it empowers them for success in the connected age
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Business Development Manager” and attach a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GlassLab, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.
Note to Third Party Agencies
GlassLab does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party Agencies. GlassLab will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, GlassLab explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial responsibility to the recruiter or agency.