GlassLab Seeks Accountant
February 22nd, 2016
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Job Posting: Accountant
Job Location: Redwood City, CA
As an intricate member of the finance team, the Accountant is responsible for contributing to the team efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the company’s financial records,
timely reporting and analysis of financial results, timely and accurate filing of tax reports, and maintenance of strong internal controls
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Ensure correct and timely calculation, recording, invoicing, and collection of grant pledges and use of grant funds.
● Ensure correct and timely calculation, recording, invoicing, and collections of all earned revenue.
● Ensure timely month end financial close and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts. Ensure all necessary documentation is maintained to support balance sheet and income statement account balances and to provide any needed schedules for monthly financial review and audit engagement.
● Prepare all journal entries supported by reconciliation and supporting documentation in accordance to US GAAP.
● Provide reconciliation and management reporting of budget/plan to actual results by department and fund. Prepare variance analysis on a timely basis for review with a high level of accuracy.
● Process, review, and report accounts payable invoices and expense reimbursements.
● Ensure timely posting and reconciliation of all cash liabilities in accordance with US GAAP.
● Provide cash forecasting reports. Monitor cash balances and prepare payables for review by Controller.
● Timely and accurate filing of tax registrations and returns, including preparation and submittal of schedules to support the annual audit and tax returns.
● Prepare concise ad hoc reporting upon request with an emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, and presentation.
● Provide support for financial reporting and analysis.
● Assist in the analysis, development, and documentation of internal processes and controls related to the Finance and Accounting group in order to assure an appropriate level of internal controls.
● Assist in the review and preparation of the payroll, payroll tax reporting, and review of the quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting.
Required Skills and Experience
● Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required.
● Minimum of 3 years directly related experience, including assisting in the preparation of financial reporting and reconciliation, and full cycle accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
● Requires in depth knowledge of general accounting principles, reconciliations, and documentation techniques using a computerized accounting system.
● Must have the ability to manage, analyze, and summarize large amounts of financial data.
● Excellent Excel skills are required with proven use of high level excel formulas and techniques for organizing and analyzing large amounts of data efficiently.
The ideal candidate will also have the following preferred prior experience. skills and dispositions:
● Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Highly analytical, organized, and detailed oriented. Must be comfortable with technology and demonstrate the ability to navigate computerized accounting systems with minimal supervision.
● Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
● Experience within a non-profit or philanthropic organization is a plus.
● Experience within a CPA firm providing client financial reporting support a plus.
● MBA or CPA a plus but not required
Redwood City, CA
About GlassLab, Collective Shift, and LRNG
GlassLab’s background is designing and developing high-impact digital games, interactive learning tools, and deep analytics, which make learning visible for underserved youth and their teachers, coaches and parents. GlassLab is currently expanding its work by merging with a new company called Collective Shift formed by the MacArthur Foundation. Collective Shift’s initial focus will be on LRNG, based on Connected Learning, a new pedagogy that emerged from nearly $150 million in research and demonstration projects funded by the MacArthur Foundation over the past decade. Connected Learning calls for learning that is based on kids’ interests, socially networked and relevant to the real world. A key component of the endeavor is Cities of LRNG, which will build on the success of Cities of Learning, a three-year demonstration project. Cities of Learning in Chicago, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C., served more than 100,000 youth ages 4 to 24 during recent summer programming.
Together, GlassLab and Collective Shift will bring the LRNG Vision and Mission to life.
LRNG Vision – LRNG redesigns learning for the connected age so that all youth have an opportunity to succeed.
LRNG is a collective shift in learning
it begins with youth and the communities where they live
it connects their passions, people and paths
it empowers them for success in the connected age
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Accountant” and attach a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GlassLab, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.
Note to Third Party Agencies
GlassLab does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party Agencies. GlassLab will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, GlassLab explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial responsibility to the recruiter or agency.